Monday, June 29, 2009

Being at Home.

I am back in the U.S. and I am still thinking about my experiences. It is hard to think of one comprehensive idea about the trip. There were so many layers of issues that the people face. I hope that I can think of a way to help the people in these townships in some way. For now, I will just keep telling their stories to others. I am amazed of how little people know about what is going on in South Africa. Moreover, I cannot believe how many people do not know about Apartheid (especially because they know so much about us!) I am glad that this trip has allowed me to inform others and I hope that they tell others as well. People cannot do anything about anything without knowing something… I hope that I can at least volunteer at Open Arms and encourage my friends to do so as well.

I would just like to say thank you to Aaron for making this trip happen. Also, thank you Christen and everyone who went on the trip. You all made it a great and meaningful experience for me!

1 comment:

  1. And thank you for all your work in trying to figure out how we can be helpful to the people of Guguletu. I am glad to hear that you'll consider volunteering at Open Arms, and even more glad to hear that you plan to keep on telling the stories. I have a special place in my heart for Sinazo and would like to talk to you further about her and her story....

    ReplyDelete